Ms .45's mp3/bureaucratic/gaming blog.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Seven Words You Can Probably Say On Television Any Time You Like, Part I

So here's the deal. I want you to type George Carlin's seven words you can't (OK, couldn't - this is 2008, and on Australian television you just need a warning before the show) say on television, one at a time, into the search box in iTunes (or another player if that will work). Post a list of what comes up, and post some of the more interesting tunes.

This will probably work better on punk rock blogs than any other kind, but country-and-western and metal should get a look in and who knows? There's some pretty explicit olde-tyme jazz and blues out there (and yes, I know what "jazz" means, but I would never say "Jazz me baby!").

Today's word: SHIT

Song

Artist

Album

The Ol' Shit

The Beasts Of Bourbon

Sour Mash

Shit Like That

Butthole Surfers

Weird Revolution

I Wanna Fuck The Shit Out Of You

G.G. Allin and ANTiSEEN

Murder Junkies

Tough Fuckin' Shit

GG Allin

You Give Love A Bad Name

Shitcanned Again

The Immortal Lee County Killers II

Love is a Charm of Powerful Trouble

The kids are all shite

Mikrofisch

Demo 2007

Boss Shitkicker

Moodists

Two Fisted Art

Degrassi Junior High

Pigshit

Box - a tv theme tribute

3D Sex Show

Shitdisco

Kingdom Of Fear

OK

ShitDisco

Kingdom Of Fear

Bullshit

This Is Serious Mum

De Rigueurmortis

The Horse, not the Horseshit

This Is Serious Mum

De Rigueurmortis

I Shit Me

This Is Serious Mum

Great Truckin' Songs of the Renaissance

It's Novel. It's Unique. It's Shithouse

This Is Serious Mum

Hot Dogma

TISM Are Shit

This Is Serious Mum

The White Albun

Don't Shit Where You Eat

Ween

Chocolate & Cheese

You're Full of Shit

X-X

1st 7"



TISM represent! This is not a bad selection of indie rock and punk if I may say so myself.

"I Wanna Fuck The Shit Out Of You" is about one thousandth as good as it should be, but "Tough Fuckin' Shit" is great and has a wonderfully incongruous surf guitar intro.

"OK" by Shitdisco is on permanent rotation in the "Aerobics" folder of my iRiver.

"You're Full of Shit" is a mystery song that sounds quite a bit like the Voidoids. I don't know where I got it, I don't know anything about the band, and I can't find them by searching (x-x is one of those unsearchable band names, like Fuck and The The) - little help here?

Ween are represented in other sections of this list. Today, they have some advice you really can't ignore.

OK, now it's your turn. And you know, tits shouldn't even be on the list!

Free hosting by Fileden

1 comment:

a said...

I would seriously like to know what those "This Is Serious Mum" lads sound like.